Hi Denny,
Thanks for that suggestion -- I'll tell her. She does have it on a surge protector, but I think what was happening is she was unplugging the surge protector whenever there was bad weather in KS, or when she was leaving for a trip. So it gradually got slower and slower to boot up.

Denny Davis writes:
Tell your mom to just leave it on, but turn off the monitor when she isn't
using it. Then if there is a problem to just restart it and not do a shut
down. She should have it connected to a surge protector in case of a lighting
strike anyways. :-}
--
"I'm sure we can all pull together, sir."