This message written: Monday, 24 February 2003 17:08:40 PST

Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
At 20:09 -0700 on 23/02/03, Lou Hailey wrote:

>Anyhow, I've a 575 board in a Color Classic & would like to patch the now
>external CD Audio to the motherboard with a mini or submini jack. I need
>to know which 3 of the 68, or so, small pins on the Mobo edge are the CD
>Audio In.
------------
OK, got the LC575 apart, down to the connecting harness.

For reference, since the edge connector is not numbered that I can see,
looking from the SCSI port end of the logic board, at the top of the
board:

There are three sets of pins. A set of 20, a gap of an inch or so, a set
of 50, another gap, and then a set of 5 power pins. Referencing the 50
pin set, numbering from the left end of the set.

The LC 575 has a 7 wire ribbon from the CD audio connector adapter to the
edge connector.

Using an ohmmeter from the CD audio connector adapter to the edge
connector, I see:

Pin 1 is right channel. Pins 2-6 are ground and connect to the two middle
pins on the CD sound adapter. Pin 7 is left channel.

I hope this is clear and useful.

Ken

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.