Hello again everyone!

My Thunder II GX 1600 video card has developed a problem:
On the screen, I'm getting white vertical lines about a quarter-inch apart
that run across the entire screen.
The white lines are perfectly parallel and evenly spaced.
They resemble dotted white lines (not solid) and they're always there.

At the "millions of colors" setting, there is also a strange
lavender/pinkish tint to the picture which flickers a little bit.
This pinkish/purple tint disappears when I change the setting to "256
colors"... so the image colors are then normal... BUT the white lines are
still there!

The only setting that makes the lines disappear is "Black & White".
When I set the video card to Black & White, the display looks normal.

Can one of our resident experts please help me figure this out?

Here's what I'm thinking could be the problem:

1. A bad VRAM chip on the video card
2. A defect in the special adapter cable that this card uses
    (13w3 to DB-15 adapter)

I have ruled out any issues with the monitor (i.e. I've tested the card with
several different monitors, but the lines & pinkish tint are always there).
I have also tried the card in different NuBus slots, and in three different
Macs (Quadra 840av, IIci and Workgroup Server 9150).
Nothing helped.

Please let me know what you think I could do.
I am experienced with test equipment and a soldering iron, so I could
replace a defective VRAM chip if only I could figure out how to tell which
chip is bad!

If it's an issue related to the video cable (13w3 to DB-15) then I would
just replace the cable and be done with it!

I eagerly await your replies - TIA!

Greg Shafritz