Stefan Daehler wrote:

You really think the pickle went? I always supposed he was banned and,
after all, I started wondering for how long he had been banned from the
lists.

Only Dan knows.
The point for you and me is we are worse off after he took his bat and ball and went home.

The last activity I found was from 31st July 2003 (Update for the
LEM-FAQ).

For this list?

Miss him a lot! (Though one had to get accustomed to the tone of his
contributions!)     Steff

Yes and No. I remember a different pickle but he got tired which showed in his posts. Contributions where many and varied, both bad and good. Miss him, hell yes.

I have to rectify:

The bottom-line of the pickle's FAQ's main chapters reads: "Last Modified on 05 February 2004
by the pickle ".

That's already a lot closer! Steff

Worth a look for the bits no longer available through LEM: http://chrislawson.net/writing/ This one can also be useful and has a fresher date. ;) http://colourclassicfaq.com/index.shtml

Enough of the past? Maybe Dan would consider merging the vintage and quad lists again as both have performed badly over the past year? The combined subscribers might make something of the two. Point is the list goes on and most questions are still answered, we even manage a thread or two every now and then. ;)

Cheer.