Jack VanOlst wrote:
Perhaps if we had the program name we may be able to help Jack
out a bit more, I'd be interested to see what B2 made of it.

The program is an obscure interface app to an ancient gene sequencing machine -

Gene Sequencer 1.1 by Applied Biosystems.

A current copy is $1895, so you can see why we are trying to keep
the old version running somehow.  Maybe I should just buy a used
Q650 for $50 and my problems would be over.

No hope of me trying it on B2 then!

I don't know Basilisk II or SheepShaver but will find out - do they
emulate FPU in OSX classic mode?

They are both macOS emulators, being apps they would run in a window on your OSX desktop. Basilisk II emulates a 68k mac, the choice is determined by the rom file you use. Sheepshaver emulates a ppc mac for the most part but draws largely from Basilisk's code.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/pear_computers/ will offer a brief description, howto and screenshot and also the download. I've not tried this port. Its free, you will need a working mac to dump the rom to a file from. Handy for a backup or if you cant spare the extra room for another mac.

Good luck with the Q650 rebirth.