Hello listers,

I'm trying to revive a Q840 and have the "pointer freezes during boot" SCSI problem whenever a hard drive is connected. However, I can boot from CD fine when only the CD (ID 3) and Zip (ID 5) drives are connected. I've tried at least 4 different hard drives so far (Maxtors and Seagates, 1-2GB, at least two of them from Apple). I've tried them set to ID 0 and 1, terminated and not terminated, and on both of the open positions at the end of the ribbon. What else can I check? There is enough space in the bottom drive bay to fit two 1/3-height drives, but at this point I'd be happy to just get one working! The Q840 has 68MB IIRC and two Nubus cards installed, but neither is a SCSI card.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Tim
--
Tim Larson                                        Senior Web Developer
Physicians' Mutual Insurance Company                      www.pmic.com

Tax Freedom Day 2005 - April 17                 Patriot Day - April 19

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged
information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above.  If you are
not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the named
recipient, you are notified that any review, distribution, dissemination or
copying is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, you should
notify the sender by return email and delete the message from your computer
system.