Hi all,

Another question. I'm working with QStar connected via iSCSI to QuadStor.

For the most part things are working well now. However, after I issue the
first "tape export" via QStar any subsequent exports of the tape seem to
return some sort of "IO Error"

This is what is reported on the QStar side from what I can get from the
SCSI log:

  "11/20/2020 13:37:05.2592 0.0075 QSTOR:jbctl  move medium           a5 00
00 00 10 05 00 11 00 00 00 00 ILLEGAL REQUEST: MEDIUM REMOVAL PREVENTED=(05
53 02 )  tm=600 carrier 0 from slot 6 to mailslot 2"

I've bumped up the logs as much as I can on the QuadStor side but I don't
see a lot of extra logging going on I don't think. Maybe a bit more but not
as much as I would think. And certainly nothing when I get this IO error.

Now, if I restart the QuadStor service and try the exact same export it
works fine. And then attempting to export another tape on another slot. IO
error. Rinse and repeat.

Again I can't tell if its a QuadStor issue or QStar. Seems to me that
something is getting out of sync or something hanging up on the QuadStor
side of things.

Also of note. When I tail -f the quadstor.log file I notice that the output
is usually lagged for a long period of time. However, if I go to the web
interface System -> VTL Log -> View I see that it immediately dumps to the
log. Probably doesn't mean a lot but makes it difficult to just sit there
and watch the log with "tail -f".

Any help or pointers on what I could look at further would be greatly
appreciated.