On Tue, 2 Jun 2015, Vincent JARDIN wrote:

Two logics:
  - many ack't of the patch vs your NACK,

As you know, Quagga maintainers act on consensus.

I didn't say I did NACK, I said I would NACK if my review concerns were not addressed.

  - and it does not break any next steps.

Look, the way the ZServ stuff is implemented clearly *does* add an API that will be very to hard to fulfill other than with a single process.

I can allow this patch set through, but I won't allow it through unless claims made are justified and we're all clear on the design implications.

The patch does not break any logics you are arguing, it'll still be possible to add further capabilities. Should we do a fork or create a quagga-next to include all these features?

Well, you already have a fork internally as far as I know. ;)

we end up with N forks of everyone without any consensus... Sharing the same repo allows everyone to contribute step by step.

Sure, but we need to be able to review stuff too and agree on the design.

At present, we are not clear on the design because several people seem to think the ZServ API added by this patch-set adds still is compatible with multiple-processes. I presume that includes on the zebra idea.

So either explain:

1. _How_ will this ZServ API be implementable in a multi-process model in
   zebra?

OR

2. State clearly that this patch-set is committing Quagga to
   single-daemon for zebra.

Also, I do think we need to see users for APIs in Quagga. It would be better to present APIs with users.

Zserv -> arguable, but ok TO BE DONE, current patch is not a show stopper

How though?

So, where is the problem? Why NACK? It needs arguments based on the proposed patches.

I have, several times I thought. ;)

Look, it's easy to resolve, just address 1 or 2 above.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  @pjakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: