El 05/06/15 a las 09:05, Nicolas Dichtel escribió:
Le 04/06/2015 19:36, Jorge Boncompte a écrit :
El 04/06/15 a las 14:10, Nicolas Dichtel escribió:
From: Feng Lu <lu.f...@6wind.com>

We realize VRFs with linux netns by default. The main job is
to associate a VRF with a netns. Currently this is done by
the configuration:

   [no] vrf N netns <netns-name>

     Wouldn't be better if this command were in a Cisco compatible
syntax?
Does Cisco support Linux netns? I'm not aware of that, so like any non
Cisco
related Quagga's feature, we cannot create compability syntax of
something that
does not exist ;-)

        Please tell me that you are kidding and this is not a NIH problem. ;-)

What's the problem in calling a VRF a VRF in quagga. I have been maintaining for the last ten years my own branch of quagga with VRF support for my old company with support for ip rules -> linux-vrf -> netns using a Cisco compatible syntax, so I think it's possible.

If you need extensions just add new commands, but IMHO the CLI syntax for the basic VRF features should be as close as possible as the Cisco syntax that the vty tries to mimic.

        Just my 2c.

        Jorge