On 17 Aug 2015, at 8:21, Paul Jakma wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015, Martin Winter wrote:

Just sent some basic update for the RedHat/CentOS startup scripts to the mailing list and came across the previous email from Vincent asking me to submit some SPEC files I’ve updated.

Great.

currently in Markdown format (because the gut servers do a nice on-the-fly rendering)

What does the community think?
         - Should I submit these to the Quagga Git?
         - All of it? (package build SPEC etc files & Documentation?)
         - If yes on doc, is Markdown acceptable or should it be in Tex?

Happy to work on it if there is some interest to have this (all or part) in the Quagga Git.

I find it convenient to be able to build packages directly from git. Maybe they won't be 100% inline with the latest recommended practices of the distro concerned, but for me the point is to make testing of git easier - so if it serves that purposes.

One issue, the more distro we add, the more placing as top-level directories gets cluttery - maybe a subdir would be nice. However, maybe some packaging tools depend on specific top-level directories? E.g. I think we could move redhat/ fine - what about others?

So +1 for me on adding package building stuff & docs.

+1 on MarkDown too.

Ok, I’ll work on one of them as an example and push it to the list as a patch. Will then work on the others after this one is discussed/agreed/accepted.

I also assume that doc goes into Git as well (and not just the quagga website)?

- Martin