Paul,

On 02/25/2016 07:49 AM, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, Lou Berger wrote:
>
>> Paul,
>> I think you and I are getting close to some agreeable text . At this
>> point I think it would be good to hear from others particularly from
>> those who contribute most significantly to the project at this time.
>> See below for specific responses.
>
> Ack,

the rest of the thread and language has gotten a bit hard for me to
parse. How about the following:

+You may choose to document your applicable copyright claims. For new
+files, the standard way is to add a string in the following format near
+the beginning of the file:
+
+ Copyright (C) <Year> <name of person/entity>[, optional contact details]
+
+When adding copyright claims for modifications to an existing file,
+please preface the claim with "Portions: " on a line before it and
+indent the "Copyright ..." string. If such a case already exists, add
+your indented claim immediately after. E.g.:
+
+ Portions:
+ Copyright (C) <Year> <Entity A> ....
+ Copyright (C) <Year> <Your details> [optionally, a few word
+ description of the modification.]
+

Lou