On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, Lou Berger wrote:

On 1/5/2016 9:10 AM, Donald Sharp wrote:
I'm not sure that exit is the right way to go here, or at least I
would like some sort of agreement from everyone on what is the right
thing to write and then to actually make the cli entirely consistent
along these lines.

WFM

Can you help me get a deeper understanding on what the goal/motivation
of this patch is?  Why only route-maps are we worrying about sub-modes?

I'm sure it's simply because we hit this case in one of our ad-hoc
tests.  So we simply fixed this case.

Lou

Was there a conclusion to this? You re-subbed the patch after this thread.

What was the failing test?

The config file parser doesn't need 'exit', but does a walk back up the vty node tree (minimal as that tree tends to be) for non-matching commands.

Is this dealing with a problem in the quagga code, or a problem in someone's test-harness?

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  @pjakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: