A little bit late, but I had a long call with Vincent today (his late
monday evening).

He has some different suggestion which I wrote down in a new document as
an alternative choice. (Unfortunately, he can’t attend the call)

Description is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A0kr7PrlsXs7Xe4btAgVWolvXYF5-JjtSWTOQypGRSs/edit?usp=sharing

Key changes:
- Maintainers are reduced to git committers and can’t make the ACK/NACK
  decision.
- Anyone in community can ACK/NACK a patch.
        - No ACK: does not go in at all
        - Can’t agree: will get pushed to Steering committee for decision
- Dispute resolution is done by a Steering committee which is elected

I hope I got all the details correctly written down in the spirit of how
Vincent explained it to me.

- Martin

Disclaimer: I’m only the person who wrote it down. This does not mean that I agree or disagree on it. But I want this choice to be discussed as well.