June was 6-7 weeks ago (which is a bit more than a few days) and, we
don't have a stable ff branch.  I suggest that it's time to hit the
process reset.

now.

This isn't to say that there hasn't been real work done (Almost all by
Paul, on 8/proposed/ff, and Martin on dev/automerge), but we really a
more saleable and  deterministic process.

At this point it seems to me that we should cut R1.1 based on the
portion of 8/proposed/ff that is passing regression (which is in
dev/automerge) and then move to the github pull request based approach
outlined in
https://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2016-August/016102.html .
This way multiple folks can attack the backlog in parallel, and future
submitters become responsible for error free integration.

Clearly this last part will need some process discussions and we can
have those based on the latest round of docs. E.g., we will need to
think about one off patches that come in only to the list -- I'm willing
martin can do this simply based on his patch reporting to patchworks and
I bet he can even set it up that pull requests are reported to the mail
list so the list can continue to track changes...

Lou