On 14 Sep 2016, at 0:44, Paul Jakma wrote:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Martin Winter wrote:

Paul,

I’ve started it, but already found some BGP issues…

So somehow my CI testbed had a bug and when the basic setup of the BGP IPv6 tests failed (and caused all tests to skip),
then this was ignored (skipped instead of failed tests). Sorry :-(

This broke with the CI Pull Request #38 (and was fine up to and including #37)
https://github.com/opensourcerouting/quagga/pull/38

Should have been flagged as failed and not as good…

The issue (on IPv6 BGP):
“No supported <AFI, SAFI> combination found in the received BGP4 Open Message”

This works for plain IPv4 BGP, but fails for IPv6 sessions.

Weird. I don't see what in the 2 leak fixes of #38 could cause a problem. I doubt your test even hits the paths either one change (you don't go in and delete the peer in bgpd via the CLI interface do you? and you're not testing AFI_ETHER either and anyway that path only is hit when shutting down bgpd)?

Can you get the tcpdump?

Sure :-) PCAP is attached.

You’ll see my tester opening the BGP session first
and giving in the capabilities IPv6 Unicast. The OPEN in response from
Quagga is missing the IPv6/Unicast AFI/SAFI

Here is the relevant config from the Quagga Side:

Current configuration:
!
![...]
!
interface eth2
 ip address 192.168.1.101/24
 ipv6 address fc00:192:168:1::101/64
!
![...]
!
router bgp 500
 bgp router-id 192.168.1.101
 network 192.168.1.0/24
 neighbor fc00:192:168:1::1 remote-as 501
 neighbor fc00:192:168:1::1 ebgp-multihop 255
 neighbor fc00:192:168:1::1 timers 60 180
!
 address-family ipv6
 network fc00:192:168:1::/64
 neighbor fc00:192:168:1::1 activate
 exit-address-family
 exit
!
ip forwarding
ipv6 forwarding
!
line vty
!
end

Let me know if you need anything else. I’m working to fix my CI to correctly detect issues like these.

- Martin