On Thu, 22 Sep 2016, Paul Jakma wrote:

Just the session setup with the test tools the final issue. I've been adapting Martin's bgptool test code to test BGP collision handling. Not found the problem so far. Unfortunately, I have other stuff occupying me until early next week now.

So, the issue here seems to be that:

- the other side of Martin's tests waits for a connection from bgpd, to
  know that bgpd is Active. The other side does not send SYN|ACK though,
  the bgpd side host is resending its SYNs.

- however somehow bgpd thinks its connection succeeds, so it raises
  TCP_connection_open, and the peer goes into a state where
  collision-detection will consider it (OpenSent).

- the other side connects to bgpd, this succeeds.

- bgpd closes the inbound connection, cause it thinks its outbound tcp
  is open, BGP FSM is in OpenSent, and its own RID is higher - so its
  outbound has priority.

The problem presumably lies in bgp_connect_check() getting things wrong somehow, but how....

If so, this must be a very old issue.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | p...@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A