Hamish, Jon and Geoff

Thanks for the thoughts.

The vibration has been there since I bought the car 4 years ago. The last
time I had the balanced the wheels were check by eye on the balancing
machine and all 4 were found to be slightly buckled, but there is no sign of
kerb or pothole damage to the rims. They do have the plastic inserts to
ensure they are aligned on the hubs. The new wheels also have similar
plastic inserts and fit very snugly on to the centre of the hubs. As I said
before I hoped that replacing the buckled wheels with new ones would get rid
of the vibration. I’m now thinking, as Hamish suggested, that perhaps the
drive shaft is unbalanced or bent. This may have caused the buckled wheels.

I’ve found a couple of places where I can get new CV Joints, but no one has
complete drive shafts.

Regards

Chris