To: "Quantum Owners Group" <quantumowners@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:35 AM
Subject: [Quantum Owners] Re: Ford part nr. for injection petroltank?

Hi
regarding the tank, ive got one im about to fit which has the swirl
pot, ill check the part number today if you wish, it has a 16mm outlet
and an 8mm inlet both going to the swirl pot, I intend to fit this to
my carb engine and mechanical pump, not specifically after an EFI tank
but its brand new and free so I wasn’t going to turn it down, I see no
reason why it wouldn’t work, just a case of adapting the outlet from
16mm to 8mm which ive already made an adapter, biggest problem you
will have is the filler neck seal is no longer available from ford for
these, you can get the xr2 ones just not these.
Im guessing it is 40L , petrol 10.1986-      6 166 798 because the
very early tanks (which I have on at the mo) were the smaller ones and
the xr2 filler seal wont fit the EFI tank according to my ford parts
bloke to that only leaves the one above but ill check my number today
for you