Hoping to pick the collective brains!

I'm part way through an xtreme build and have come to the issue of the
engine being too high for the bonnet to fit.  I would like to avoid a
cut out, as this will hopefully only be a short term engine for the
initial registration and so I have been on the look out for some
thiner rubbers to lower the unit by a couple of inches (the standard
Pinto mounts are about 3.5 inches thick).  I found some generic mounts
which were only about 1.5 inches thick but they dont come with a long
enough thread to go through the Pintos aliminium arms (they are ok on
the bottom).  I have heard rumours that there are some BMW mounts that
will do the job, but every motor factors or BMW parts department I ask
can't tell from my wordy descripton and ask for either a part number,
engine number, or at least model of BMW.

Does anyone know of suitable mounts (i.e. about 1.5 - 2.5 inches thick
with at least 1.5 inch of M8 thread on 1 side) or has found another
way around this issue.

Many thanks

Dan