Can't see any fuel residue on the rear tub, so I believe the cap is
sealing well.

The other problem I had a year or two ago was the rubber hose between
the filler cap and the plastic pipe was totally perished.  Clearly
either not a proper fuel pipe, or not resistant to road salts.  That
was the first fuel leak I had, and it pee'd all over the filling
station floor when I was filling it up.  I'm not sure where the pipe
came from, but Quantum did supply one with the kit originally.  You
can check yours just by squeezing it from inside the wheelarch.  When
I did you could see all the cracks, right through to the middle.  I
bought another 2" hose with a shallow bend in it straight away from
Merlin Motorsport.  That one is still fine.

The engine thing is getting a bit off topic, but my thoughts if you
are looking at a Rover V8 then I'd probably go for the Borg Warner T5
box as used in V8 TVRs (Griffith, Chimaera, V8S).  Bellhousings are
pretty easy to come by, and I think the T5 has the same bolt pattern
as the Ford T9, but don't quote me on that.  It is very compact and
light, and can take the torque a lot better than a type 9 box.  People
sell them on PH - try this link:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=160607
Note on the T5 that there are a number of different locations for the
gear stick.  One might suit the hole in the Xtreme tunnel better than
others.  I can't be more help than that I'm afraid.

For loads of information try the RHOCar website.

For me the perfect engine for the Xtreme is a Duratec 2 litre.  Very
light, and 180bhp on throttle bodies and Omex with no other mods!  The
V8 is as heavy as a Pinto, too torquey by half for such a light car,
and compromises the chassis too much.

If only I had £3k I'd put a Duratec in myself.

Doug