Toolstation do a good poly adhesive/sealer which I've found to be good - in a variety of colours for £5.20 a (mastic gun) tube - free delivery if ordering over £10.
Martin

----- Original Message ----- From: "jin" <jinmys...@btinternet.com>
To: "Quantum Owners Group" <quantumowners@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 8:26 PM
Subject: [Quantum Owners] Re: brake bar question

cheers mate, i like the sound of the rubber sheet sealing method for
the pipes

On Jan 1, 1:36 pm, Jim Hearne <j...@quantums.info> wrote:
For the heater pipes i made up a plate out of thick stainless the same
size as the Ford stamped plate and then sandwiched a bit of thick rubber
sheet between the 2.
The rubber sheet has undersized holes for the pipes so it stretches over
them and seals.

Yes, just Sikaflex or equivalent Polyurethane adhesive.

Jim