A red liquid sold to keep the temperature lower in the radiator - advertised regularly in performance mags and kit car mags.

All we need to do is think up one that mobody else has tried yet and we could make a fortune!!!!! Two in the plumbing world are the water 'conditioner' that magnetically softens your cold water (not) and the highly priced 'water saver' for a shower which just restricts the flow (just turn the control knob instead) All based upon the customer's desire for a faintly plausible, but not too unbelievable outcome (usually to indirectly save money) One I remember a schoolfriend joked about marketting was a method to 'save your household bills' - merely a metal hook in a block of wood.... I wonder if he ever made his fortune?

----- Original Message ----- From: "jin" <jinmys...@btinternet.com>
To: "Quantum Owners Group" <quantumowners@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 10:10 PM
Subject: [Quantum Owners] Re: Gimmick or a worthwhile mod?

Cheers for the replies, i asked out of idle curiosity more than
anything
But now my curiosity has been intrigued further by your developments
at ford, do you have any reports on other such devices that are proven
to be useless? I’d love to know
for instance what’s the water additive one?

Cheers

On Jan 4, 7:46 pm, "Susan and Martin Scott"