 From: Jim Hearne <j...@quantums.info>
To: quantumowners@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, 5 March 2012, 9:20
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] Re: H4 Rev Counter

But, wasn't yours a 2+2, hence Mk2 Fiesta
instruments which expect 4 pulses per engine rev, just as the Zetec ecu puts
out.
It was the distributorless CVH engines (Mk3 Fiesta,
Mk5 Escort) that for some reason Ford decided to connect the rev counter to one
of the coil wires which since there are 2 coils only gives 2 pulse per
rev.
They changed the CVH rev counters to match
this.

Probably was done as the late carb'd CVH's with the
distributorless ignition didn't have a rev output from the ignition only
ecu.
Then they carried that system onto the CVH
injection.
When they did the Zetec they went back to normal
but with a dedicated ouput from the ECU, as this wasn't on a coil connection
they could also do away with the suppressor.

Jim