I have to say that my clutch is a pain on my 2+2 for the same reasons. I t is as if it needs more travel to disengage fully. I am enjoying my Quantum more and more and am more likely to fine tune it because its so good.
Jon 2+2 RST
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Hearne" <j...@quantums.info>
To: <quantumowners@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] 2+2 Clutch adjustment

When you were removing and refitting the cable were you holding the
pedal up against the stop to release the pawl ?
When you refit the cable you need to also hold it against the stop and
pull the quadrant right round to reset it.

The tab shouldn't need modifiying on a Quantum but some of the build
manuals do mention putting spacing washers behind the pedal box and
making sure you don't have thick carpet and soundproofing behind the
clutch pedal as it can stop the auto adjust working if the pedal hits
the bulkhead.

Jim