I cant help with insurance but my tax ran out on my Audi and my Xtreme and
becasue I was moving house I just forgot about it. I drove the Audi for 3
weeks until a roadside inspection picked me up and simplty sent me a
warning letter to get it done. The xtreme was Sorn'd immediately by me and
nothing come of that either

Appears that the DVLA are a not as harsh as you would expect when tax runs
out.