AFAIR, the Fedora minimal template is not even able of connecting to my Wi-Fi,
because it lacks firmware. So, it is not suitable, unless ot becomes something
“slightly more than minimal”.

I don't see much benefit of this:

* Attack surface – if I had, say, Firefox installed in my sys-net, would it
change attack surface? Well, unless I click some link in NetworkManager About
dialog or something similar, I don't run it. So, hile there is a small security
benefit, I believe it is pretty minimal.
* Resources and performance – mostly the same as previous one. If I start the
same applications, it does not seem to matter if I am using a 1GiB template or,
say, 100GiB template. The extra apps are unused, so I don't care about them.
* Package clash – I don't share this experience.
* Uninstalling – well, if you read the questions, you can get it.

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'