On 2020-01-02 15:26, Kardykov Ivan wrote:
> bump thread
>
> On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 5:02:14 AM UTC-5, Dylanger Daly wrote:
>
>     Will the Qubes team consider enabling the use of GVT-g so we can
>     enjoy hardware accelerated graphics?
>
>     After upgrading to DDR4 Memory I've noticed a significant increase
>     in performance, I assume this is because of the many, many memory
>     copies taking place, GVT-g should lighten the load.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-devel/f608a18f-15e2-4ad1-94b3-da7ae8b1c553%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-devel/f608a18f-15e2-4ad1-94b3-da7ae8b1c553%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Sorry for that bumping, but looks like my posts stuck at moderate or
spam checks.. So my message was about GVT-g.

We have some success with adaptation Intel gtv-g technology to Qubes OS.
At now it is rather proof of concept state, but it probably could help
to test guivm features and discuss of applicability in practice.

In this [1] repository we placed specs and patches to build core Qubes
components with ability to run and work with GPU accelerated VM. We
oriented to Fedora 29 dom0 and Xen 4.12 versions with plans of 4.1
compatibility. Now it is up to Fedora 31 and Xen 4.13 and we will get to
this versions in some time.

We made and adapted patches to xen, kernel, libvirt, qemu to dom0 and
xorg dummy driver to guest environment. Our work mostly based on Intel
[2][3] and XenServer [4] public repositories.

The most controversial question is probably running qemu without any
restrictions, but there are several ways to improve it.

At now it works with some issues and limitations, most of them described
in repository readme. We have tested it on Lenovo X1 gen5/gen6 and T480
laptops with KabyLake/KabyLake R chipsets.

[1] https://github.com/tabit-pro/tabit-qubes-repo
[2] https://github.com/intel/gvt-linux
[3] https://github.com/intel/igvtg-qemu
[4] https://github.com/xenserver/xen.pg.git