On 2016-05-25 03:40, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope for the last time today ;)
>
> For online P&P-role playing sessions and for podcasting I need to
> use a usb-webcam and usb-microphone. If I understand it correctly
> the only way to get those working is to use a usbvm. So I
> activated it and Cheese and Audacity are showing the expected
> results.
>
> But I would need to use both in Chrome as well for Hangouts and
> WebRTC-sessions. But the usbvm doesn't seem to have access to the
> internet. In the VM settings I cannot choose a NetVM (probably
> because it is a NetVM itself if I understand it correctly). There
> is the NetworkManager to check though in Services. When I do an
> "ip addr list" in the usbvm there is only a loopback-interface.
>
> What would be the best way to approach my problem?

Any AppVM can be a USBVM (by adding the USB controllers in the
"Devices" tab in "VM settings"), so if a USBVM-as-NetVM doesn't work
(can't test this myself at the moment), then a USBVM-as-AppVM should
be able to get network access by assigning sys-firewall as its NetVM.

> Niels
>
> P.s.: Is there some sort of documentation wiki? I can only find the
> "Docs" which are ok-ish for the beginning and the archive of this
> mailing list.

All of our documentation is here:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/

I'm not sure what you mean by "for the beginning." As you can see,
some pages go quite in depth, and there's also a section for
developers, most of which is here:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/system-doc/

> I.e. is there a place where I could add the stuff I found out so
> far by myself or asking in this mailing list, so it is easier to
> find for others?

Yes, there's an "Edit This Page" button on every page of the
documentation. It's all written in Markdown, managed under Git, and
hosted on GitHub. We happily accept pull requests containing quality
contributions. :)

If you'd prefer just to send out some informal notes, then this
mailing list is the right place to do it (and would also be
appreciated!).

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS