I have a question about the security of backing up QUBES.

I see that the VM backup procedure lets you back up both template VMs and App
VMs, as well as dom0.

The question is... let's say that we find out about another Xen escape, like
the one from October 2015.

At this point, surely we now the consider that the entire system was
compromised.

So let's then say that we download an entirely new version of QUBES, and
upgrade to the latest Xen before doing anything else.

What is then the backup procedure for templates and App VMs..?

Surely this means that it's not safe to restore the backed up VMs.. seeing as
they were present on the old compromised machine?

Or what..?