Is it worth checking for a BIOS compatible with coreboot or libreboot, or some
kind of open source BIOS..?

Is it true that if I have a Intel ME processor, but a motherboard that isn't
compatible.. that at least this prevents network access to Intel ME...? For
example, in my current laptop, there is no mention of Intel ME in the BIOS at
all..

etc etc

So yeah, just looking for as many different compatibility checks as possible.