Marek Marczykowski-Górecki:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 03:11:33PM -0700, Andrew David Wong wrote:
>> On 2016-07-26 14:52, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
>>> Hello.  I just did an update, rebooted, and now my window borders do not
>>> have the VM's colors.  The prefix on the window title is correct tho.
>>>

>>> What gives?
>>>

>> That sounds very strange. Have you done any kind of customization or made any
>> changes from the defaults? For example, have you changed the colors or
>> changed
>> the window border style?
>
>> Also, are you using KDE or XFCE? R3.1 or R3.2-rc1?
>
> Those are important questions.
>
> In addition, please provide version of qubes-gui-dom0 package. And check
> properties of some VM window using xprop from dom0 (call xprop, then
> click on some VM window). Especially those properties:
> _QUBES_LABEL
> _QUBES_LABEL_COLOR
> _KDE_NET_WM_COLOR_SCHEME

Same thing has happened to me.

No customizations have been done.  I initially thought it might be due
to customizations, so I reinstalled Qubes from scratch, did a
qubes-dom0-update, and rebooted, and it happened.  So definitely not due
to customizations.

All the windows now appear to have the window border coloring that is
normally associated with dom0 (gray when not in focus, cyan when in
focus).  Also interestingly, the icon of the Launcher in the Panel has
disappeared and became solid white.  (I was able to workaround it by
right-clicking it, and in the settings dialog manually choosing an icon
from the list.)  In addition, there is now an odd icon on the left side
of every window title bar (just to the right of the application icon)
that I don't recall ever being there before; it looks like a 1-pixel
thick square with the corner pixels removed.  (I can provide a
screenshot if you need it.)

KDE on 3.2rc1.

"dnf info qubes-gui-dom0" in dom0 shows version 3.2.1.

I did the xprop you requested, and clicked on the fedora-23 TemplateVM.

_QUBES_LABEL is 8.
_KDE_NET_WM_COLOR_SCHEME is
"/home/jeremy/.local/share/qubes-kde/black.colors".

_QUBES_LABEL_COLOR does not show up in the xprop output at all.

Hope this helps in diagnosing.

Cheers,
-Jeremy Rand