Marek Marczykowski-Górecki:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 04:32:24AM +0000, Jeremy Rand wrote:
>> Marek Marczykowski-Górecki:

>>> Those are important questions.
>>>
>>> In addition, please provide version of qubes-gui-dom0 package. And check
>>> properties of some VM window using xprop from dom0 (call xprop, then
>>> click on some VM window). Especially those properties:
>>> _QUBES_LABEL
>>> _QUBES_LABEL_COLOR
>>> _KDE_NET_WM_COLOR_SCHEME
>>>

>> Same thing has happened to me.
>
>> No customizations have been done.  I initially thought it might be due
>> to customizations, so I reinstalled Qubes from scratch, did a
>> qubes-dom0-update, and rebooted, and it happened.  So definitely not due
>> to customizations.
>
>> All the windows now appear to have the window border coloring that is
>> normally associated with dom0 (gray when not in focus, cyan when in
>> focus).  Also interestingly, the icon of the Launcher in the Panel has
>> disappeared and became solid white.  (I was able to workaround it by
>> right-clicking it, and in the settings dialog manually choosing an icon
>> from the list.)  In addition, there is now an odd icon on the left side
>> of every window title bar (just to the right of the application icon)
>> that I don't recall ever being there before; it looks like a 1-pixel
>> thick square with the corner pixels removed.  (I can provide a
>> screenshot if you need it.)
>
>> KDE on 3.2rc1.
>
>> "dnf info qubes-gui-dom0" in dom0 shows version 3.2.1.
>
>> I did the xprop you requested, and clicked on the fedora-23 TemplateVM.
>
>> _QUBES_LABEL is 8.
>> _KDE_NET_WM_COLOR_SCHEME is
>> "/home/jeremy/.local/share/qubes-kde/black.colors".
>
> This looks ok. I assume the file exists too.
>
>> _QUBES_LABEL_COLOR does not show up in the xprop output at all.
>
> This is also ok in qubes-gui-dom0 3.2.1.
>
>> Hope this helps in diagnosing.
>
> Try this:
>
> Go to system settings -> Application Style -> Window Decorations. It
> should be set to "Breeze". If it is set to "Plastik", it may be the
> cause of the problems.
>
> If this is the case, I think this may be related to KDE update done by
> Fedora recently (a lot of kf5-* packages), so unrelated to
> qubes-gui-dom0 version.

Yes!  It was set to Plastik.  Changing it to Breeze and clicking Apply
instantly fixed the issues.  (Well, I can't test whether it fixed the
icon of the launcher, because I've already done the workaround that I
described previously.  But everything else is fixed now.)

Thank you Marek!

-Jeremy