On 08/25/2016 01:54 AM, johnyju...@sigaint.org wrote
> (Although accepting the password change on a Tor exit, and then refusing
> that on a non-Tor https: connection was rather weird.  Would they silently
> fail a password change?  Oh well, I won't stress over it, but will keep a
> close eye on things, for sure.  Ever vigilant...)

Not weird at all, could be just the lag between the red flag raising for
a given account (yours) and someone manually deciding to block your
account "for security reasons" - read that as: "we crap our pants when
we see tor, and we rather block your legitimate attempt to login to risk
accepting a real world account hijacking".

> Worst case, I could (and have successfully) just run Tails inside Qubes,
> and it should be no worse (safer, actually) than Tails standalone, for
> banking or email.  (I was reading that the IOMMU protection prevents DMA
> attacks, which is sweet.)

I am too paranoid for using tails other than the reccomended method (two
usb drives updating each other - I have two pairs of three).

I just use Whonix within Qubes and I like it. I'm glad it comes out of
the box since 3.1

Also, I would never use tor for banking, unless the banking wouldn't
involve my real world name - understand that one how you want.