On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 7:54:31 PM UTC-4, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> There are certainly Qubes-specific customizations that will cause a Debian
> TemplateVM (or StandaloneVM created from the Qubes Debian TemplateVM) to
> be different from a Debian HVM.

Thanks again. Just to clarify, there is no actual step required to create a
StandaloneVM "from" a TemplateVM, correct? All I am doing is cloning the
standard Debian 8 TemplateVM and then operating that TemplateVM independently,
treating effectively it as a StandaloneVM. Meaning, installing software in it
and then then running that software directly in/from it, instead of creating
AppVM's based on it and running the software from those.

If there is an extra step needed to transform a TemplateVM into a true
StandaloneVM (not a full HVM) I am not aware of it, or doing it.