On Thursday, 29.09.2016 at 18:01 -0700, Drew White wrote:

> On Thursday, 29 September 2016 17:41:23 UTC+10, Dave Ewart  wrote:
> > There is no commonly-accepted definition of 'version' with regard to
> > Windows, only "64-bit v 32-bit" and the Edition.
> >
> > If you have some unusual definition of 'version' then you should explain
> > what that definition is.  Shouting at people - expecting them to
> > understand you - won't help.
>
> By version I mean VERSION.
> Because there are many versions.
> You could have 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04 (as example of version numbers)
> You can even turn on the display of the version number in Windows.
>
> My version number is currently Version 6.1.7601 for my Windows 7 Guest.
>
> > You need to *ask a better question* rather than insulting the person
> > answering.
>
> In future, please know what you are talking about before you try to
> defame someone who asks the correct question.

As I said previously, the version of Windows is not usually discussed
(since it just depends on which updates have been installed) and you
would have got a better answer the first time if you'd included - for
example - "My version number is currently Version 6.1.7601 for my
Windows 7 Guest" in your original question.  That better question would
have got you a better answer.

Serious advice: whether you intend it or not, Drew, a large number of
your posts come across to many people here as impolite, aggressive &
demanding.  This is not generally the case with other posters.  The fact
that many people feel the same about your posts should tell you
something.

For example, here's how your current question could have been asked in a
better way.

=== THE RIGHT WAY ===

> > > Does QWT require any specific version of Windows 7?
> >
> > That's covered here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-tools-3/
>
> Ah, sorry, you misunderstand me: I meant version as in 'Windows 7
> version 6.1.7601', not the Edition.  Are there any specific
> requirements relating to that?

Whereas your discussion went like this

=== THE WRONG WAY ===

> > > Does QWT require any specific version of Windows 7?
> >
> > That's covered here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-tools-3/
>
> Doesn't even BEGIN to answer the question.

You see the difference?  Your follow-up reply was inappropriate.  It
didn't actually explain what you wanted, it didn't help them to help
you, and it led to this ridiculous thread.

Hope this helps, genuinely.

Dave.

- --
Dave Ewart da...@sungate.co.uk, http://twitter.com/DaveEwart
All email from me is digitally signed, http://www.sungate.co.uk/
GPG key updated Jan 2013 see http://www.sungate.co.uk/gpg
Fingerprint: CF3A 93EF 01E6 16C5 AE7A  1D27 45E1 E473 378B B197