4. Oct 2016 17:58 by a...@qubes-os.org:

> On 2016-10-04 07:09, cubit wrote:
>
>> I am using an older version of Enigmail as during the time Split GPG and
>> enigmail did not seem to work well together.  Enigmail expecting gpg2 while
>> split gpg on qubes was offering gpg1.
>>
>> If I want to upgrade my enigmail to the latest is there anything I need to
>> do to the split GPG set up or should it all just talk GPG2 now?
>>

> Yes, Qubes Split GPG uses gpg2 by default in the backend now.

I upgraded enigmail to v 1.9.5 and it did not go as well as planned.   From
what I read of the qubes documents there were nothing to change in qubes
settings to take into account the GnuPG2 requrement now.

But when I run thunderbird 45.2.0 + enigmail 1.9.5 I get the following error.

   " GnuPG reported an error in the communication with gpg-agent (a component
of GnuPG).

    This is a system setup or configuration error that prevents Enigmail from
working properly and cannot be fixed automatically.

    We strongly recommend that you consult our support web site at
https://enigmail.net/faq.";

The messages decrypt but I lose the notification that the email was decrypted
and I do not see any of the options to view details of the encrypted message
such like who it was encrypted for.     I did restart both the appVM for
thunderbird and the appVM for my keys, both debian 8