> On 2016-10-05 15:30, boromirsbe...@sigaint.org wrote:
>> Alot of this is posted on the reddit.com/r/qubes board, there are alot
>> of
>> problems with 3.2, both security + function.
>>

>> 1. Dom0 is exposed to Sata connected drives. This is evident when
>> running
>> qubes on a usb connected drive going into dom0 file manager, the sata
>> drive is automatically mounted and exposed to dom0. Part of Tails
>> security
>> is to require auth and manual mounting of locally connected drives, if
>> this is not necessary for some reason users are owed an explanation.
>>

> I believe this is what the dedicated storage domain (which we're currently
> working on implementing) is meant to handle:

Ok my concern mostly is because its my windows disk and i dont trust it,
but another user said that sata disks dont have the same risk of passive
attacks at usbs for some reason.

>> 2. Attaching USB controller to a usbVM (running qubes on a sata
>> connected
>> disk), renders all vm's unable to start, even after controller is
>> detatched. Short-term remedy is to detatch and reboot.
>
> Thanks for the report! Tracking:
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2367
>
>> My entire equipment hierarchy is intel, recent hardware,
>> compatibility should not be an issue.
>
> Often times, recent hardware is less compatible than older hardware. This
> seems to be true generally in the Linux world, not just with Qubes. It
> takes a little while for software support to catch up to the newer
> hardware
> (in contrast to the Windows world).

Except that i broke down and used the usb anyways (its my tails usb) and
it connects and transfers just fine, as does my qubes which is running off
a usb drive now. The problem is in the attaching it to a vm part. I dont
know if im the only one but this does throw the whole new 3.2 usb
virtualization feature into the garbage.

>> 3. Installing a printer produces an authentication window when
>> attempting
>> to add a printer. The documentation doesnt provide what those login
>> details are, attempting to use ones user login credentials is denied.
>>

> This sounds like something specific to your printer or to CUPS, not a
> Qubes-specific issue.

This is not specific to my printer, i used it fine in Tails, the OS asked
me in tails for a login/pass to install a printer, this is not printer
specific, i dont even have to have a printer connected in qubes for this
to happen. In tails i would set an admin password prior to logging in and
then use that to add printers, in qubes it asks for this but does not
accept my user account login info. Add the 'print settings' program to
whonix-gs template and try to add a printer, it will ask for a login/pass.
This is really frustrating if there is some way to disable this or if you
can ask the developer what the login/pass is i really need to use my
printer.