Am 07.10.2016 um 06:44 schrieb boromirsbe...@sigaint.org:
> Ok my concern mostly is because its my windows disk and i dont trust it,

If you're not using a dedicated machine for Qubes instead of booting
multiple operating systems with definitely lower security standards
anyway I don't see your problems at all as this is only a minor problem
in that kind of environment. The same applies to Tails – it's generally
a good idea to stop trusting a machine that has been running something
like Windows if your security requirements prompt you to consider
attacks coming from the firmware of a possibly compromised SATA device.

> > This is not specific to my printer, i used it fine in Tails, the OS
> asked
> > me in tails for a login/pass to install a printer, this is not printer
> > specific, i dont even have to have a printer connected in qubes for this
> > to happen.

Part two of the answer before: This is probably a CUPS-related problem;
as soon as you're dealing with the CUPS server itself (instead of the
tools that modify the CUPS configuration files) you'll be running into
this. Either keep your fingers off the web interface, editing the
configuration files with an editor or (ironically using the same editor)
modify the authentication requirements of the configuration files
appropriately for the web interface to permit you to use it (keep in
mind that "user" does not have a password so you'll have to do quite
some cleaning).

> In tails i would set an admin password prior to logging in and then
> use that to add printers, in qubes it asks for this but does not
> accept my user account login info.

because the account on the virtual machine is not the login account of dom0

Always keep in: Qubes is not Tails. Not by far.

Achim