I can confirm that error under certain circumstances.
If I write the ISO (checked via Sha256+GPG) with Rufus from Windows 10, I get the exact same error under multiple computers with totally different hardware. If I write it on my USB drive with dd under Fedora 24, it works without any errors.

Used the same hardware to write the same iso onto the same usb drive, just once with Win10 and once with Fedora.

Maybe you try it this way aswell if you didnt already found another solution.

-Fabian