Why would you buy a macbook? You realize those have regular intel processors and ME too right?

Lenovo is owned by the chinese, and dell business laptop (their consumer line is garbage) is a way better choice than either.

It seems you do have (as you said) a fundamental misunderstanding of how security actually works, and how a router/firewall operates. - thus I don't think that anyone would be targeting you specifically with a ME exploit.