Marek Marczykowski-Górecki:
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 04:34:39PM +0000, Doug Hill wrote:
>

>> Colin Childs:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Sorry for not getting on this list sooner, however it looks like testing
>>> of coldkernel on Debian is largely going well! I see the most recent
>>> issue from foppe, and will be attempting to reproduce later this evening.
>>>
>>> If you run into issues that require coldhak attention, please do not
>>> hesitate to open tickets at
>>> https://github.com/coldhakca/coldkernel/issues, or email us directly at
>>> cont...@coldhak.ca.
>>>
>>> Thanks, and happy testing!
>>>

>> Hi,
>
>> Running into a problem when runnning "make qubes-guest" on a stock
>> debian-8 template.
>
>> Below are the last few lines of the output. Thanks!
>
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_buf_item.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_extfree_item.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_icreate_item.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_inode_item.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_rmap_item.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_log_recover.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_trans_ail.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_trans_buf.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_trans_extfree.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_trans_inode.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_trans_rmap.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_sysctl.o
>>   CC [M]  fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl32.o
>>   LD [M]  fs/xfs/xfs.o
>>   LD      fs/built-in.o
>> scripts/package/Makefile:97: recipe for target 'bindeb-pkg' failed
>> make[2]: *** [bindeb-pkg] Error 2
>> Makefile:1317: recipe for target 'bindeb-pkg' failed
>> make[1]: *** [bindeb-pkg] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/user/coldkernel/linux-4.8.13'
>> Makefile:61: recipe for target 'qubes-guest' failed
>> make: *** [qubes-guest] Error 2
>> user@debian-8-coldkernel:~/coldkernel$
>
> Relevant error is probably earlier. I guess it's about disk space - it
> require 4GB or so to build.

Thanks for the tip, Marek... The process moved a bit farther along...

I believe I hit the gcc issue that was mentioned eariler; a few
meaningful-looking snippets are below.  Any thoughts are
appreciated!

<snip>

CC [M]  fs/ncpfs/ioctl.o
  CC      drivers/acpi/acpica/utobject.o
  CC      drivers/acpi/acpica/utosi.o
  CC      drivers/acpi/acpica/utownerid.o
  CC [M]  fs/ncpfs/mmap.o
*** WARNING *** there are active plugins, do not report this as a bug
unless you can reproduce it without enabling any plugins.
Event                            | Plugins
PLUGIN_FINISH_TYPE               | randomize_layout_plugin constify_plugin
PLUGIN_FINISH_DECL               | randomize_layout_plugin
PLUGIN_FINISH_UNIT               | rap_plugin
PLUGIN_ATTRIBUTES                | randomize_layout_plugin
latent_entropy_plugin size_overflow_plugin constify_plugin
PLUGIN_START_UNIT                | latent_entropy_plugin
size_overflow_plugin rap_plugin constify_plugin
PLUGIN_ALL_IPA_PASSES_START      | randomize_layout_plugin rap_plugin
constify_plugin
In file included from ./include/linux/seqlock.h:35:0,
                 from ./include/linux/time.h:5,
                 from ./include/linux/stat.h:18,
                 from fs/ncpfs/mmap.c:9:
./include/linux/spinlock.h:58:0: internal compiler error: Segmentation
fault
 #include <asm/barrier.h>
 ^
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs> for instructions.
  CC      drivers/acpi/acpica/utpredef.o
  CC      drivers/acpi/acpica/utresrc.o
The bug is not reproducible, so it is likely a hardware or OS problem.
scripts/Makefile.build:289: recipe for target 'fs/ncpfs/mmap.o' failed
make[5]: *** [fs/ncpfs/mmap.o] Error 1
scripts/Makefile.build:440: recipe for target 'fs/ncpfs' failed
make[4]: *** [fs/ncpfs] Error 2
Makefile:972: recipe for target 'fs' failed
make[3]: *** [fs] Error 2
  CC      drivers/acpi/apei/apei-base.o