(

>> Dom0 has a script in startup scripts that: *. runs HCL *. updates
>> HCL file: old data copied somewhere inside dom0 for user reference
>> *. copies file to net VM,
> These are handled/done by the hcl script itself.
nice

>> VM has a script: *. checks for  HCL file to be present eache
>> minute *. checks that internet is available *. makes a gui request
>> to a user to fill required manual fields (model as the store names
>> it, user name(optional), and so on) *. once confirned - sends HCL
>> file to specially assigned emaili at qubes.org
>
> What we are need from the user is his/her actual experience. All the
> info collected by the hcl script are just pure hardware data. Without
> user experience it is useless.
Some data are 'pure hardware data' but very important (i.e. some sort of
restrictions) are possible only w/ specific CPU features - I'd never buy or
recommend  a laptop that is able to run Qubes but has no  full support for
 all Qubes features.  Having a tool to get this information right at the seller
 store should be nice .

>> Qubes web: *. A sctipt on qubes.org updates some HCL html in
>> predefined format
> Here is the current workflow as i did it before:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/RagFsGlhPTY/HXyRCQOUBQAJ
>
> See that old thread for more ideas about a better HCL reporting.
Thank you, 'll look.

Bye.Olli.
gpg --search-keys grey_olli , use key w/ fingerprint below:
Key fingerprint = 9901 6808 768C 8B89 544C  9BE0 49F9 5A46 2B98 147E
Blog keys (the blog is mostly in Russian): http://grey-olli.livejournal.com/tag/