On 02/10/2017 09:46 AM, truleeee...@gmail.com wrote:
> четверг, 9 февраля 2017 г., 14:41:42 UTC+3 пользователь Unman написал:
>> On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 02:37:36AM -0800, damien.wa...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am new into qubes (few months) and find it great. But I need a distro
>>> with newer packages (debian jessie was fine until I ran in issues with
>>> encfs compatibility).
>>>
>>> So I wanted to build an ubuntu template but I did not found clear
>>> instructions.
>>>
>>> using https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder and the setup script, I do
>>> not get ubuntu to choose in the menu.
>>>
>>> On this forum, there is few posts about it but using privaze repo.
>>>
>>> I really need help on this :-)
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Damien
>>>
>> Hi Damien,
>>
>> The Ubuntu builds are referenced in setup as Trusty and Xenial.
>>
>> I've just put in a series of Pull Requests that should allow
>> straightforward builds of both.
>> Wait a little while for them to be merged.
>>
>> It should then be a matter of:
>> git clone  https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder
>> cd qubes-builder
>> ./setup
>> make qubes-vm
>> make template
>>
>> Copy generated Template to dom0 and install - there's a handy script
>> provided to do this for you.
>>
>> I'll let you know when the PRs are merged. Focus at the moment is on
>> the GSOC applications.
>>
>> unman
> Unman can you make a template rpm Ubuntu and put it on
>
> https://ftp.qubes-os.org/repo/yum/r3.2/templates-community/rpm/ ?:)
>
> Trying qubes-builder with trusty, xenial, xenial-desktop and no success.
> Everytime troubles with MAKE.
>
> qvm clone fedora-23 ubuntu
> grow to 25 GB, allow network
> yum install git createrepo rpm-build rpm-sign make python-sh rpmdevtools
> rpm-sign dialog
> git clone  https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder
> cd qubes-builder
> ./setup
>
> Choosing fedora23 and mgmt-salt, then Ubuntu Xenial.
>
> make get-sources
> make install-deps
>
> And finally make qubes-vm can't build template
>
> "Building packages not supported by any configured plugins"
>
> It means that need to use debian-8 template for builder?

Hi,

You need debian-builder instead of fedora in the first step of `setup`,
because ubuntu is based on debian. This is mandatory to build any
debian-based operating system.

To skip unnecessary setup to use only for making ubuntu template, first
edit the ‘qubes-os-r3.2.conf’ (if you use r3.2 in this case) which is
found in /home/user/qubes-builder/example-configs. Use the text editor
of your choice.

Go to the first line containing ‘DISTS_VM ?= fc23’  Remove ‘fc23’ or
whatever is listed there leaving only ‘DISTS_VM ?=’. Then save the file
and close the text editor.

Run the 'setup' script located in ‘/home/user/qubes-builder/’ Make sure
you are in directory ‘qubes-builder’.

$ cd /home/user/qubes-builder/
$ ./setup

Deselect 'builder-fedora'
Select 'builder-debian'

On 'Template Distribution Selection':
Select xenial+desktop

Proceed others as per instructions.

To check build-logs in progress later you can use `tail -f` command in
between the *.log locations.