On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 02:01:51PM -0800, elsiebuck...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 12:51:46 PM UTC-5, Nick Darren wrote:
> >After the modification on 'qubes-dispvm.menu', now I can see my custom menu
>  on XFCE. :-)
>

> How were you able to modify "DispVM: Firefox web browser"? I couldn't view
> the contents to make a new one for Opera...

Let's say that the entry you need to run from dom0 is this:
"echo  opera | /usr/lib/qubes/qfile-daemon-dvm qubes.VMShell dom0   DEFAULT
red"
(You can play around with the command line until you get it just as you
like.)

Look in /usr/local/share/applications:
Copy the qubes-dispvm-firefox.desktop to qubes-dispvm-opera.desktop
Edit qubes-dispvm-opera.desktop and change the EXEC line to
whatever command line you have found works.
Obviously change the Name line also.

Then look in /etc/xdg/menus/application-merged
Edit qubes-dispvm.menu

You want a line that says:
<Filename>qubes-dispvm-opera.desktop</Filename>

Either add this line below the other Filename entries or replace the
existing firefox entry.

That's all you need to do.

You can., of course, use exactly the same mechanism for starting ANY
application in your disposableVMs. I just use a keyboard shortcut to
spin up xterm and launch from that. Your choice.

unman