Some notes:

* Applying the patch probably requires BIOS update (and MoBo vendor releasing
the update), I guess.
* I wonder what is the technical distinction between home and SMB/Enterprise.
Is it vPro?
* I am not sure how can I check the version. There are some ME/AMT-related
Linux tools, but I have found rather tools for remote management than tools for
accessing AMT on local machine.
* I wonder what does “exploitable locally” mean. If physical access is
required, I am not sure what would attacker gain (AEM bypass at most, I guess).
If it allows unprivileged user to elevate privileges, this might be interesting
for Qubes, depending on the attack vector: If it requires attack over network
interface, then sys-net can perform it. If it involves ME software for the OS
(maybe for accessing the MEI PCI device), we should be adequately isolated on
Qubes. I hope that Qubes adds some protection in any case and it is not
exploitable from other VMs than sys-net.
* There seems to be some MEI PCI device (see lspci | grep -i mei) in dom0 and
/dev/mei0. I am not sure how all the parts (network stack, MEI PCI device, MEI
software for OS and management while offline) are connected together. I am also
unsure if having it in dom0 is good (i.e., it prevents passing malicious inputs
to it) or bad (i.e., it adds attack surface). The safest approach seems to be
attaching it to /dev/null with IOMMU (VT-d) isolation. Just crerating an
autostarted (and maybe also autoshutdown) network-disconnected dummy VM with
all ME-related PCI devices should do the trick. The VM would be trusted not to
pass any malicious input to MEI, but it would not be trusted for anything else
(so that it could absorb attack from MEI). I am unsure if this adds some actual
protection or if it is totally hopeless.

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'