Hello Unman,

On 07/02/17 03:19, Unman wrote:

The "netVM for dispVM" entry sets the netVM for disposableVMs started
from that qube.
If you start it from the Qubes Menu then it will (should) honour the setting for the dvmTemplate, and so in your case start a disposableVM attached to the firewall. If you are starting a disposableVM from a qube (by e.g "open in disposable VM") then THAT disposableVM will be connected to whatever the entry for "NetVM for dispVM" says for that qube.

Thank you for the clarification, that wasn't clear to me, maybe this should be highlighted in the documentation?

* Solution *
I have removed the DVM-template and made sure that the template VM will work if I attach my sys-firewall as Net-VM to it.

I then did the following steps in dom0, where "my-fedora-24-apps" is my own fedora template for app-vms.

# Create a new template for my disposable VMs based on my template "my-fedora-24-apps"
qvm-create-default-dvm my-fedora-24-apps

# attach sys-firewall to this template
qvm-prefs -s my-fedora-24-apps-dvm netvm sys-firewall

# Reboot Qubes
shutdown -r now

After the reboot I started DispVM: Firefox web Browser from the Qubes menu with a working network connection.

Thank your for the hint.

- Ph.