On 07/02/2017 07:28 PM, Zbigniew Łukasiak wrote:
> A companion to the Best Laptop for Qubes thread :)
>
> Most of the HCL is filled with laptops - very few desktops are there,
> especially on the high end.
>
> Currently I have a Dell Inspiron - works but 16GB RAM is max there (and it
> is a non-ECC so most probably more than that does not make much sense), and
> 16BG is not enough for me (browsers seem to eat unbelievable amounts of
> RAM).
>
> Is there a recommended desktop system for Qubes with over 16GB RAM?

Hi Zbigniew

The ASUS KGPE-D16 can not be left unnoticed and it has been mentioned a couple
of times in the "Best Laptop For Qubes" thread already.

You can even buy machines based on this MB built and flashed to your wishes:

* https://minifree.org/product/libreboot-d16/
* https://store.vikings.net/libre-friendly-hardware/vikings-d16-workstation

Pro:

* More than 16 GiB RAM with ease. 16 GiB is basically the entry option for
these machines ;-)
* Supported and on the HCL
* Runs Libreboot
* No management engine