On 07/02/2017 01:28 PM, Zbigniew Łukasiak wrote:

A companion to the Best Laptop for Qubes thread :)

Most of the HCL is filled with laptops - very few desktops are there,
especially on the high end.

Currently I have a Dell Inspiron - works but 16GB RAM is max there
(and it is a non-ECC so most probably more than that does not make
much sense), and 16BG is not enough for me (browsers seem to eat
unbelievable amounts of RAM).

Is there a recommended desktop system for Qubes with over 16GB RAM?

The KCMA-D8 (less expensive, $330) or KGPE-D16 ($415) as I mentioned in the laptop thread.

Both support 128GB RAM with a libre version of coreboot. (coreboot is not necessarily free firmware) See my buyers guide on the coreboot wiki's kgpe-d16 page if you want to know what CPU's to get, plus install info and of course you can email me any questions.

Those are the only systems that tick all the qubes 4.0 boxes, including SLAT (RVI), owner CRTM TPM (optional addon module), iommu, etc. If you really wanted to you could also make a DIY laptop with a KCMA-D8 and a 35W CPU.