Hi Noor,

thanx for the fast reply.

> There is some information on this workflow in the official docs[0].
I read some of that but at times my understanding is limited.

> Personally I just have one specific win7 HVM that I treat as the base
> template, then make a clone from that one whenever I need a win7 VM.
I am currently still using MacOS. But within the year I want to move to Qubes.

I have 2 use cases for Windows.
1. Watch Netflix or Amazon etc. They reject the use of VPN and ask for a lot of
"information", which is basically ok for me.
2. Banking. I have 2 banking applications that have multilevel authentication
one of which makes use of a usb token. Here I want a usb-vm to connect these
and only these usb devices. And I want a VPN connection with a trusted server
and on top of that a very restrictive (IP-range based) Firewall.

The two contradict. That's why I wanted a basic Windows installation and from
that two or more domains with specific configs.

But your idea of cloning is interesting. It seems simple, but it's a bit
harddisk consuming ...

Thanx, hen