Hello ,

I am also using 2 internal drives.
One for Qubes and one for windows.
I have just installed Qubes to the 2nd drive and set it up as default boot
drive in the BIOS.
If I need to boot into Windows I just hit F12 when starting, which brings
me to the boot menu.

If I understand you right, you want to use a 2nd drive as additional (!)
storage for Qubes, right?

I think what you want is to setup the partition as a LUKAS partition (to
have encryption) and then create a filesystem (extX) on top.

Maybe also setup LVM.

Another option could be to extend the LVM (if you are using LVM in Qubes)
with a 2nd drive (your M2 SSD).

In case you do not want to enter 2 credentials for LUKS you could maybe
store the decryption key on dom0.

Then adding the 2nd drive to LVM, create an own Volumegroup and migrate the
VMs.

- Philipp